Your Dryer Vent Material Is Important!
Is there really
- Can a dryer hose really cause that many problems?
- Yes! There are 5,100 dryer-related fires residential fires annually.
- What is the correct kind of dryer vent hose?
- Rigid or flexible metal venting material should be used to sustain proper air flow and drying time.
- Note: Local box stores (ie: Menards or Home Depot) sell dryer vent hoses that do not fit the recommended description.
- Lint collects very easily in the incorrect dryer vent hoses. This poses a fire hazard.
- Another note: Do NOT use screws to connect the metal ductwork. Screws will catch the lint and then your nice & new smooth ductwork will be just as bad as your old flexible foil material.
- Dryer Vent Hose Maintenance:
- At least once yearly, lint needs to be cleaned out of the vent pipe. This can be done by a lint removal service if preferred.
- Making sure the lint trap is clean after each drying cycle will also prevent excess lint from filling the dryer vent hose.
Do you have additional questions about home maintenance items? Contact us today to schedule a home inspection! We are your trusted local home inspector for central Illinois: Eureka, Bloomington, Normal, Peoria, East Peoria, Peoria Heights, Hudson, Dunlap, Morton, Washington, Goodfield, and more!